» For school children
On the Île de Noirmoutier and the Marais Breton, the objective is to educate 700 secondary school students free of charge about biodiversity and the functioning of the salt marshes through classroom interventions and field visits.
For this, a film on biodiversity and a motion design on economic activities and hydraulic operation in salt marshes were made.
If you wish to benefit from an intervention in your school, do not hesitate to contact the Syndicat Mixte de la Baie de Bourgneuf.
» For the general public
Several activities will be offered to the general public throughout the LIFE project.
A dozen events will be offered each year in spring / summer on the marshes from Rostu to Mesquer. The activities will be organized around 4 themes:
- Birds of the mudflats: this outing will be the occasion to discover more particularly the species of birds and to observe the fauna and the flora present on the site
- Rostu, shared lands: this outing will be an opportunity to discover the close links between salt production and the presence of biodiversity.
- Twilight at the marsh: a spring and evening outing to discover specific species (amphibians, bats)
- Marsh safari: family outing through role-playing and missions to learn the role of managers of natural areas and discover the habitats and species of the site and the functioning of the salt marshes
Animations will be offered during various events taking place on the Breton Marsh:
- During the Insolites party in Bouin (August 18, 2019) with a stand on the biodiversity of the salt marsh (6,000 participants during the day).